Friday 4 April 2014

Eau Thermale Avene Soothing Hydrating Serum Review

I have really annoying combination skin  -  an oily t-zone, dry patches round my lips and the rest can't decide on which day it wants to be oil/dry/normal! I've started to experiment with different skincare products to see what suits me best, so when I saw that online beauty retailer 'Escentual' were looking for bloggers to review a serum for them I put my name (and blog!) forward. I was lucky enough to be chosen and was sent the Eau Thermale Avene Soothing Hydrating Serum* to review.

                             

I'd never used a serum before and was unsure how my skin would get on with one, but I was looking forward to trying it as I know so many bloggers say that serums are a staple in their daily skincare routines.

My first impressions were good - the serum was delivered very quickly from Escentual and came well packaged. It has a lovely silky gel-like consistency and just one pump from the container is just enough for my face and neck. I love that the serum comes in a glass bottle as it just gives it that high-end feel. 

                               

The serum contains highly concentrated Avene Thermal Spring Water which has soothing and anti-irritating properties that are perfect for sensitive skin. I do suffer from breakouts but I don't really have any redness - something which this product also helps with.

I've been using the serum morning and night after cleansing and before my moisturiser for a few weeks now. It's not a particularly thick serum so it soaks in really quickly leaving my skin feeling soft and smooth (no stickiness at all!)

After a few weeks of use I can see the difference this serum has made to my skin. It feels hydrated where it needs to and it looks smoother and brighter than before. I was a bit worried that the serum might make my t-zone more oily, but it hasn't! In fact, since using this product I've noticed that my oily parts don't need blotting quite as often as before  -  maybe my skin was over-producing oil because it was dehydrated...who knows! I'm just glad my skin is looking better at the minute and I think it may be thanks to this serum!

You can buy the Eau Thermale Avene Soothing Hydrating Serum (30ml) from www.escentual.com for £17. I think I may be repurchasing this when my current one runs out! I seem to have found a good daily skincare routine at the minute (blog post on that coming soon) and this serum fits into it nicely.

Have you used a serum before? Which is your favourite?

1 comment:

  1. *touch wood* I've never suffered with my skin, but if I ever need hydrating I know where to look. Stephen :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...