It's Sunday - the day of rest! After working all week I like to try and put a couple of hours aside on a Sunday afternoon to relax and have some 'me time' . I think people's lives are generally very busy these days, but it's important to take some time out from all the madness and so I've made a list of my favourite ways to relax!
1. A nice long soak in the bath always helps me relax. I apply my favourite Liz Earle face mask, pop a Lush bath bomb into the water and search for 'relaxing spa music' on my phone's YouTube app. Try it! It's so easy to close your eyes and imagine you're being pampered at an expensive spa.
2. Reading a book is a great way to forget about the stresses of everyday life. Whether you're into thrillers, love stories or horrors, you can be transported to a different world just by reading a book and letting your imagination take over. I don't read as much as I used to but I'm determined to get back into it this year.
3. Going for a coffee and cake with a friend is one of my favourite ways to spend an afternoon. 'Coffee culture' has taken over where I live and there are little shops opening up everywhere so I'm spoilt for choice. Give me a nice cappuccino and slice of chocolate fudge cake and I'm happy!!
4. Going for a walk with our dog and getting out in the fresh air is a great way to clear my head. I'm lucky enough to live a short distance away from some great places to go for a nice long walk and I always feel refreshed afterwards.
5. Catching up with TV shows is another of my favourite ways to relax. Some of my favourites are Homeland, Pretty Little Liars and The 100. I love getting comfy on the sofa with some chocolate treats and getting up to date with everything!
I hope this post has given you a few ideas. Happy Sunday!