Tuesday 2 September 2014

7 Days of Essence | Day 7 - Essence Long Wearing Lipstick in 'Love Me'

It's Day 7 of '7 Days of Essence' and I'm really sad that it's come to an end as I've loved telling you about some of my favourite products from the brand. Don't worry though as I will be reviewing more Essence products in the future so keep your eyes peeled for those! If you're just joining in with the series then the links for Days 1 to 6 are at the bottom of this post. Right, let's get on to today's product...


Last, but certainly by no means least, in this series is the Essence Long Wearing Lipstick* in shade 'Love Me'. I've rediscovered my love for lipsticks recently after not wearing any for a while and, at the moment, this is my go-to lipstick for every day wear.
Firstly, let's mention the casing - nothing out of the ordinary, but I like the little band of colour through the middle which matches the shade of lipstick. I think this is a handy little feature when you're rummaging through your make up drawers to find the shade you want. The lipstick also has the Essence 'e' logo imprinted on it which is something that I've seen on more high-end branded lipsticks.



This shade is a gorgeous peachy coral colour with a hint of pink and it gives my whole face a warm healthy glow when I wear it. It has a nice creamy texture and feels moisturising to wear. It has a semi-matte finish but, importantly, doesn't leave my lips feeling dry which can be a common downside to matte lipsticks. The lipstick does wear off throughout the day but if I apply a few layers and blot with tissue between applications I get about three hours wear from it before I have to reapply. I think this is great considering it only costs £2.30! I'm really impressed with this lipstick and wouldn't hesitate to purchase another once this runs out. I'll be testing out more shades next time I'm in my local Wilko store.

I hope you've enjoyed reading my '7 Days of Essence' series! If you've missed Days 1 to 6 (or you just want to read them again!) here are the links:

Day 3 - Nail Polish Corrector Pen
Day 4 - XXXL Shine Lipgloss

1 comment:

  1. Ah I have this shade and I love it SO much! It's such a pretty shade, and they're amazing aren't they?! xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...