Thursday 20 November 2014

FashionChick #FashionablyFestive Event

 Last week I attended the fabulously named #FashionablyFestive event hosted by FashionChick at the swanky Epernay Champagne Bar in Manchester (one of my favourite places for a night out – the Bellinis are delicious!) I knew as soon as I received the invite that it was going to be a great night, and it did not disappoint! 

As always, I couldn't decide what to wear but in the end I went for a River Island patterned top, faux leather mini skirt from Dorothy Perkins, tights and limited edition platform boots from Primark.

Photo courtesy of https://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Pettifer-Photography/141556699387492?sk=photos_stream

FashionChick is a social shopping site for fashion-obsessed ladies in the UK. Through this website you can browse and select items of clothing, shoes and accessories from a multitude of online stores such as Boohoo, Lipsy, Missguided, Fashion Union, New Look and Dorothy Perkins and add them to your online ‘wardrobe’ ready for purchasing on payday. After signing up to the site as a ‘fashionchick’, you can create outfits from the selection online, showing off your looks and giving inspiration to other members looking for fashion and styling advice. This innovative platform means that you no longer have to search through several different websites to find your perfect outfit  -  you can look at everything all in one place. FashionChick even have an iPhone app available to download from the iTunes store for free so you can shop on the go wherever you are – a must for any serious fashionista! In the words of FashionChick themselves:-
Fashionchick helps every woman find the perfect look.
Whatever your style, wherever you are!”



On arrival at Epernay I was greeted by the friendly FashionChick team and told to help myself to a glass of bubbly before heading into the room which had been set up for the event. Representatives from Dorothy Perkins and Boohoo (who were all really lovely!) were there to show us a sneak peak of the glamorous collections just released for the festive season. Glitter, faux fur and statement jewellery were predominantly on display which are always winners at any Christmas party, and I spotted quite a few items that I would love to have hanging in my own wardrobe ready for the party season! Also at the event were a team of hair and makeup artists with a menu of looks to choose from so we could be glammed up and pose for the camera. A delicious selection of food and light bites were brought round on wooden platters and the bubbles were kept topped up all night (not for me though as unfortunately I had to be up at 6:30am the following morning for work!)

It was a fantastic event and a great opportunity to speak to brand representatives and some of my favourite blogging buddies as well as meeting some new ones. We were also given an extremely generous goodie bag each at the end of the night with some gorgeous items from Dorothy Perkins and Boohoo that I can’t wait to wear (keep your eyes peeled for future blog posts!)



I’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone at FashionChick, Boohoo and Dorothy Perkins for a lovely evening!

One last thing to say......how cute is this dress shaped cookie that I received in my goodie bag??!! I didn’t want to eat it! (But I did....and it was delicious!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...